View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-06, 12:54

Plan: whatever works!!!
Stats: 210.5/203.9/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Yeah, I got some
Progress: 11%

I used to belong to the Radient Recovery group. I joined after reading one of the founder's books. Didn't stay with them long as they seemed to me to be sort of like a cult. The longer I was there, the stranger the group got. no offense to anyone that belongs to them, but anyone that thinks eating an egg McMuffin WITH the Hashbrown is an acceptable breakfast is just not on the same wave length with me. And the potato at night before bed really threw me. Her Book was called "potatoes, not prozac" or something like that. I dropped out after she blasted me openly in a discussion in her forums regarding my husband and kids and their lack of sugar sensitivity. (none of them are sensitive to it, and I said so, and she informed me how wrong I was, and what a disservice I was doing to them by continuing to allow them syrup with their pancakes, or allowing them to go trick or treating and actually eat some of the candy or something like that.) I don't constantly pump my kids full of sugar, but come on, refusing to let them trick or treat???) It seemed to me that if you didn't agree with everything she said as the gospel truth, she would write publicly all the ways sugar had corrupted your mental capacity, and it wasn't really your fault that you couldn't understand that she knew what was best for you. Very condescending.

That's not to say that she didn't have some really good things to say, because she did. I especially liked the study regarding the link between Alcoholics and Sugar addicts. There is a lot of valuable information to be found in her groups, and her books. I just don't like Sheep Mentality.