#158   ^
Old Sun, Aug-14-05, 07:25

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 286/207/115 Female 5' 0"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Question

MichelleBe,

I made your "bread" version. OMG was it wonderful! It had the most amazing flavor! (I used golden flax that I ground myself.) I made one "batch" and I made a half ham and cheese sandwhich and spread the rest with Laughing Cow cheese. I think it would have been wonderful with butter spread on it for a "dinner roll", too.

Can you give me some idea of how much water you added and the dimensions of your "personal casserole" dish and about how long you nuked it?

In your post you said "water till pancake consistancy". Mine never came close to looking like pancake batter because of the flax... gooey glob... and I think that I may have added too much water. After I got it mixed up, it looked like way too much "batter" so I divided it and nuked it in one of the sandwich size ziploc containers. The first one, I nuked for about 2.5 minutes. I made a half ham and cheese sandwich and the flavor was incredible! However, although the edges really had the texture of bread, the center was still moist and "wet". So I nuked the second one for 5 minutes. It did much better and the edges were absolutely "bread"- like but the center was still moist. So, I put it in the oven to dry it out.

Can you give me any guidance on perfecting the technique? Have you ever tried baking it in the oven?

Thank you so much for this variation! It was fabulous and if I can perfect the ingredients and technique... I can use this for all my bread needs. (I even used the old ucky Atkins bake mix that I have had in the freezer forever... there was not even a hint of it's disgusting taste in the end product!)

Thanks again! Everyone should try this... it is delicious!

Phyllis