View Single Post
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-06, 14:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/155/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default intense exercise with very low carb

Frederick- Im a 42yr old female, in moderate physical condition. Im new to this forum and have used atkins off and on( for a month at a time average) usually to drop fat and maintain weight when needed. I have done this for about 8yrs now. I have always found it hard to get the energy I needed to exercise (bike, run, etc) while doing very low carb. I have always wondered if this was just a matter of not letting my body get used to the fat burning long enough? After reading your gym log, it sounds like you have plenty of energy. My delima has always been the low energy if I keep carbs below 30 daily. Like I said though, I dont think Ive ever went over a month on extreme low carb. If I start eatting higher carb ...say 150 or more daily I find it hard to lose weight. I want to start incorporating weight lifting into my excercise program to build or save as much muscle as I can to combat old age. I do not want to bulk up like a competive lifter, although I am prone to muscle gain if lifting and eatting a lot of carbs...more than the average female I would say. Did it take you a longer period of time(more than a month) before you felt energy on extreme low carb? How has your body done without much fruit/veg over the years? Would you say you feel healthy? Do you still eat low carb now without any suppliments? I am not a believer in the low fat high carb "healthy" diet. I would love any advice or opinion you can give me.