View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-08, 04:52

Plan: LC/IF
Stats: 180/173.8/150 Female 5'9"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 21%

When I was vegetarian years ago, which I am far from now, I learned about the dangers of many soy products and stopped eating soy products promptly. Please go to mercola.com and do a search on soy to read up on this subject. Processed soy products are BAD news to your health. Some potential effects on your health can be increased risk of breast cancer, thyroid disorders, promotion of kidney stones, weakening of the immune system, risk of developing severe and even fatal food allergies, etc. PLEASE read up on this.

Mercola says that the exceptions are this: "There are some redeeming qualities to soy, however these are found primarily in fermented soy products like tempeh, miso and natto and soybean sprouts. If you want to get some health benefits from soy, stick to these four forms and pass up the processed soy milks, soy ‘burgers’, soy ‘ice cream’, soy ‘cheese’, and the myriad of other soy junk foods that are so readily disguised as health foods."

As I said before, please do your own research on soy to make your own informed decision.