View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-15-21, 04:13

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Today received the newest version of Dr. Michael Eades Newsletter, now named Friday Reflections. His blog has not posted the newsletter, so if you want to read it, add your name here: https://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/ Newsletter Sign-Up: https://www.proteinpower.com/newsletter-sign-up/

As with everything he writes, the newsletter is long, thoughtful and on a wide range of topics not only medical, but had this on Covid:

Quote:
COVID PREVENTION

Since the majority of people who do poorly with Covid-19 are elderly with one or, in many cases, more co-morbidities, the best way to protect oneself is to be young with no co-morbidities. While the co-morbidities can be dealt with--the fountain of youth is a challenge.

As I mentioned in the last newsletter, I believe the new vaccines are going to be a winner. I've been watching fairly closely and haven't seen any reports so far of horribly unfavorable outcomes. Most of the complaints are a little pain at the injection site and perhaps some fever. Believe it or not, but these are not really side effects. They are an indication the vaccine is stimulating the immune system against Covid-19.

Having said that, the government is paying billions of dollars (billions with a B) to the companies making these vaccines, so the bottom line is not far from the minds of Big Pharma executives. Consequently, they are not going to go out of their way to promote any other remedy that might alleviate fear of the virus and cause people to forgo their vaccines. In fact, based on what I've seen, it looks more to me like they are trying to suppress information about any steps that one might take to lessen one's chances of getting Covid-19 or minimize symptoms should one contract the virus.

Aside from age, the three disorders that seem provide SARS-Cov-2 a fertile field to do its damage are obesity, high blood sugar and high blood pressure. Of the three, high blood sugar seems to be the most problematic. As anyone knows who has been on a low-carb diet, these three issues are easily treated simply by cutting carbs. Especially elevated blood sugar. In most people it drops like a rock soon after the start of a low-carb diet.

A new paper has come out you might be interested in reading. It is titled The dark side of the spoon - glucose, ketones and COVID-19: a possible role for ketogenic diet? and available at the link in full text. https://translational-medicine.biom...967-020-02600-9. It can be fairly technical in parts, but I think it is at least worth a scan and quick read of the not-so-technical parts.

You can also give Relationships between hyperinsulinaemia, magnesium, vitamin D, thrombosis and COVID-19: rationale for clinical management a read. https://openheart.bmj.com/content/7/2/e001356 The paper provides a rationale for taking vitamin D and magnesium while working to lower your insulin levels. And we all know what we have to do to lower insulin levels, right? The first thing, of course, is not eat a bunch of sugar and carbs, which will send it up. Second thing is to cut carbs over the long term to get insulin and blood sugar down.

I recently read an interesting blog post from a UK physician [David Gromes] showing the difference in deaths since the start of the pandemic between white and BAME (Black African and Asian Minority ethnic groups) physicians who work for the National Health Service (NHS). http://www.drdavidgrimes.com/2020/1...of-doctors.html

[Graphic omitted]

As you can see, there is no overlap in the age at death from Covid-19 for white NHS physicians and BAME NHS physicians. Since NHS physicians are paid similarly there should be no major socioeconomic differences in the two groups, and no real occupational exposure differences. The implication the author of the blog wants readers to draw is that the primary difference between the two groups is skin color. It is well known that darker skinned people have more difficulty making vitamin D from the sun than do people with lighter skin color. The extra melanin in the darker-skinned individuals hampers the absorption of UV radiation and thus the production of vitamin D. And, God knows, the UK doesn't get a lot of intense sunshine year round, so a darker skin would be a real disadvantage in that climate in terms of vitamin D production.

There could be other factors the author of the article doesn't provide. Typically obesity, high blood pressure, and diabetes are more common in Blacks and those from the Asian subcontinent. These data aren't provided.

Finally, on the vitamin D front. Vitamin D is an inexpensive supplement that may well help in the prevention of Covid-19. I take it daily during the winter when the sun's rays are low and much of the UVB is absorbed by the atmosphere. If you take it, take it with a little fat of some kind, as vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin and will absorb much, much better in the presence of fat.

Here is an excellent YouTube video on what the scientific studies show so far on vitamin D and Covid-19. Professionally done and filled with good information. I watched the whole thing myself. All the studies are linked at the bottom in case you would like to check them yourself.