#12   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-14, 10:08

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz53
Thanks Janet for posting the link to Dr Fung's website. I listened to 3 videos yesterday and am sold on his hypothesis that diabetes fundamentally a disease of insulin resistance than increased blood sugar levels. I am sold on the idea of fasting and plan to do it today. I found his instructions for fasting under Patient Resources. So far, so good. What I am having trouble finding is his prescription for what to eat on non-fasting days. I know he likes low carb, but how low? Is there link to this information or must I cobble it together from the myriad videos?

I never found any recommended foods or diet per se either, but he favors a real food, unprocessed, paleoish approach, and paleo is carb agnostic. In that Diet and Disease part 5, whether a traditional society was high carb or low, it was the move to processed foods that brought diseases of civilization. Figured I already had reduced refined carbs and high fat under control, the only difference is the fiber. But looking back at MFP, my highest carb days are still only around 50g, with fiber 20g. Habits are hard to break, and I haven't added any starches, resistant or otherwise. My splurge is baby carrots with lunch meat, maybe I'll go wild and get some hummus too.