View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-13, 11:43

Plan: No specific plan
Stats: 185.0/171.8/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Hi Knox. Same question. Are you not finding enough variety or are you just not hungry?

I think it depends on what protocol you're following. A lot say you can't have any grains but the one I've followed just says I can't have glutenous grains. I've had a lot of luck using gluten-free flours to make homemade tortillas that I can stuff with veggies. I also use yogurt to make seasoned sauces with herbs that are diet-friendly. I look for little ways to eat more calories.

None of the protocols really want you to eat so few calories. That's not healthy. We have to find ways to help you add more calories to your diet, for sure. Diet off can make you feel fuzzy and a bit toxic, but not eating enough can as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
This thread is very old but I am hoping that someone will respond.

I am a male and I woke up early one morning in March around 3am with the worst stomach/intestine pain ever and a very fast heartbeat. I drank a huge glass of water and it eventually went away. I went to the Dr's and got 3 different blood tests. All my tests came back normal, except my hemogloblin was a bit high. White blood count was normal as well as sodium, potassium, glucose, creatinine and all of that was normal. I also had an STD test, thinking maybe that was it, all came back negative. I have been doing the candida diet for 2 months and I have lost 12lbs, which is too much for me, I weigh 140 now. My stomach is not as bad now but my biggest concern is the brain fog/tension feeling in my head. It comes and goes and it can be very uncomfortable but not a painful uncomfortable. One day I'm fine then the next day it just creeps up. Has anyone experienced this with candida die-off...the brain/head feelings along with fast heartbeat? It's a scary feeling and I just want to feel better. Any advice would be much appreciated! It's just hard when nobody else understands.

I need more calories too so if anyone has some advice for that I would be appreciative. I used to get 3000 cal but now with this no sugar, bread, grains, carbs etc... I'm getting 1000 cal a day.

Blessings,
Knox