View Single Post
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-22, 07:32

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default Like a charm!!

The mini-waffler arrived last evening. Thank you, amazon.

This morning, the experiment began. I'm delighted to report that (contrary to other experience with new gadgets) it worked exactly as advertised.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for good advice in advance, and a lot of links.

I made two basic Chaffles according to the Steve method: thin slices of Colby jack cheese, and some well-beaten egg. from the spouse.

Then I used our usual OMM recipe to make a couple of plain flaxseed waffles. They did not stick to the grid (oiled from the first chaffles, but no more). Then I used the rest of the flaxseed mix to make another one with shredded cheddar top and bottom. Both versions were fluffy and tasty, if rather bland, and the cheese one had a bit of crispy texture. In the future, I'll be using more seasonings. One batch of mug muffin mix (what I'd use for a single) made at least two waffles. I was being very careful to avoid overflow. More experimentation ahead on this.

Next stop: pizza chaffles for lunch.

If nothing else, this gadget is fun, and lends itself to new adventures in the kitchen. I don't especially miss bread, but the OMM in waffle form lends itself to some variety in the morning, with spreads like peanut butter (I used some today) or cream cheese.

So, after three years or so of this thing being "all the rage", I'm finally on trend.