#9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-21, 04:02

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGirl
I definitely feel more calm, balanced state of mind since restarting it.

There you go. Good feedback The only supplement where I didn't notice anything, bad or good, was D3, but a couple of months later I got a SURGE of well-being and that took care of my wondering. That had a lot of science behind it to keep me going.

Mental health supplementation is skimpy on the research papers. But that does not mean we shouldn't pursue it.

I'm not sure it's in the Ross books or not, but medical science was going to explore supplementary neurotransmitters for mental health; until the invention of SSRIs. And the idea was dropped like a red hot rock.

I think that's a classic case of profit interfering with good sense. It would be one thing if SSRIs worked great! But they don't. I took three different kinds of anxiety medication which didn't work and had tortuous ramp-ups and taper-offs, besides. I've also read accounts that they are only meant for short-term but they sure don't prescribe them that way.

It's like the enormous difference between artificial and bio-identical hormones that I use to manage my highly problematical menopause. The doctors kept telling me there wasn't any difference. But they were wrong.