View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-21, 10:14

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Dr. Cate is one of the increasingly many in the health field who are going against popular thinking to reach the truth. Good articles, WB. Ancel Keys is somewhat irrelevant in today's world, as his role in all this has been discussed in most books that deal with the heart disease/lipid hypothesis, as weak as it is today. Attributing blame to one who is no longer around provides some interesting history, but it's not gong to do what's necessary today to embrace good health practices.

As mentioned several times before, as a Sirius/XM subscriber, I listen to Doctors Radio, which is a station sponsored by New York University's Langone Health Center. One of the shows I listen to is Interventional Cardiology, hosted by Dr. Fred Feit. Dr. Feit is a strong advocate of the heart disease/lipid hypothesis and readily recommends statins for anyone with LDL over 90. This is a current cardiologist who is unwilling to consider some of the issues that Dr. Cate identifies in her articles. Fred Feit is not alone, unfortunately, as there are many who don't have a radio show as a platform; yet, freely treat patients in their clinical practices with this type of thinking. It's a numbers game and doctors in med school are trained to test, prescribe, and follow the path. After graduating from med school and completing their internships, the ongoing education of doctors seems to be the focal point of the pharmaceutical companies who have a vested interest in the prescribing of their products. So, in addition to the food and seed oil manufacturers listed in Dr. Cate's articles, the health "knowledge" available is supplied and supported by the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets (including registered dieticians) based on their "research." The market economy continues to promote this lack of awareness. Therefore, I have a great deal of respect for people like Dr. Cate and the many other health professionals we cite on this forum who go against popular thinking and build their clinical practices according to their results with fact-based treatment.

This is a long rant due to frustration with the lack of information available and the myths promoted by the main stream that confuse people and lead them down a path that reaches anything but a good quality of life. My frustration focuses mainly on the fact that most people are neither willing nor equipped to discover how to live a healthy lifestyle and depend on experts to help them. Unfortunately, there's a broad (a majority?) population of experts who are just as confused, and the danger is they haven't realized it.