#7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-20, 18:05

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
I picked this out from one of the pro-keto tweets on the author's feed. I need to look up this doctor because what he has to say in this free podcast is very interesting!

Episode 134 – Dr. Nadir Ali is a keto cardiologist

By Brian Williamson

Podcast: Play in new window | Download
https://www.ketovangelist.com/episo...o-cardiologist/

Dr. Nadir Ali lives and works in Houston, TX. And he’s not afraid to admit that he and his fellow heart surgeons were wrong about a lot of things. Mostly about the impact that a ketogenic diet has on a person’s heart health. Dr. Ali is an avid cyclist and he works with athletes regularly. He’s also made it his mission to educate his patient, his peers, and the general population about the benefits of lchf/keto and how it is healthy and appropriate for humans to thrive.

Dr. Ali is very smart, very thoughtful, and very easy to talk to. I know you’re going to love listening to him.

I just listened to the end and if you've ever wanted to hear a thorough explanation of cholesterol (from the low-carb perspective), this is it.
He is apposed to statins. Says that most cardiologists have no understanding of cholesterol and how it works in the body. Talks about CoQ-10 and it's importance. If you want to Fast forward to 16 minute time you can skip a lot of the intro and get to the meat of his interview.