#9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-10, 18:36

Plan: loosely PB
Stats: 197/135/000 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKstyle
That does describe the change in her physique quite well. In looking again at the "pear" body image, I would say that my daughter actually has broader shoulders and more substantial arms than the model... but her hips do seem to be somewhat disproportionately large (for our current mindset, anyway).

I may be misreading what you're saying, but I think that is a huge problem. Her body type is her body type. There is no *should* involved. I think labelling it as wrong and trying to change it will not only fail, but cause unnecessary pain, perhaps lasting body image problems. Carrying more weight in one's lower body is a very common, feminine body type, and is generally considered more healthful than carrying it in the middle.

I think the fact that this body type developed when you changed her diet may be coincidental, given her age - she's at the age where those features develop. If anything, perhaps better nutrition just allowed her body to do what it was meant to do, rather than causing her shape to change.

I empathize with trying to help a teenage girl with food and body image, I really do. It's tough in this day and age.