#6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-20, 08:58

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay
One of the news stories I posted on Twitter came out from a Canadian press story.

British Columbia was considering using human remains as a component of their compost production.

I have heard nothing since about this plan so don't know if the BC legislators went ahead with its approval

Imagine having human remains in your back yard garden or in the fields of soybeans and potatoes.

Interesting concept

I wonder of the BC department of health nixed the idea

If they do this, it'll only be a matter of time before they skip the compost part, and we end up with Soylent Green.

WB is right in that the pea protein is showing up in everything these days. I wandered through the supplement and nutritional bar aisle at walmart the other day to see if there was any kind of shelf stable, commercially made bar that wouldn't set off cravings for me, since I have yet to find a recipe for some kind of LC snack/meal that is shelf stable and won't set off cravings (so I can take it when we travel and/or visit relatives who provide nothing but carb laden foods for several days - nuts are out because I can't stop until they're all gone, and that alone sets off cravings for more). Even the supposed keto bars had pea protein in them! If I recall correctly, it's one of the primary ingredients in the fake meats too.

My creepy thoughts on this: What happens when it becomes somewhere between difficult and impossible to obtain animal proteins (you know this is what PETA wants), and nutritionists eventually realize that people are not getting anything resembling enough (or complete) protein from non-animal sources?

Make way for Soylent Green. I find it ironic that in the movie it was green - not brown or red like the current fake meats - because the green color implies that it's from vegetable sources (pea protein? that would be green, at least when the peas are fresh)... only made from people, just like in the '73 movie. (Back when vegetarians were an anomaly, and meat eaters were the norm)

OMG - I just googled the movie to refresh my memory about it. Not only is the green used on the posters a bright pea green, one of the movie posters said the year the movie was depicting was 2022.

Even the suggestion at this point in time of using human remains for compost is science fiction taking a horrifying step along the way to becoming fact.

[ETA: "Soylent Green is people!"]

Ugh, I've really creeped myself out here...