View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-18, 07:32

Plan: Atkins DANDR/ Candida
Stats: 300/195.2/172 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 82%

Hi Mary,
Welcome to the board and your next adventure!
I have been on and off Atkins (2002) version for years. When I am on, it works and works well. I was down 110 on Atkins before my life took a few turns that distracted me to the tune of 60 pounds. I recently started back too. I'm 57, so no spring chicken, and I lost the weight in my 50s so it can be done! I agree with you that the toughest part of starting on Atkins is the limiting of the veggies. I honestly think that you can start Atkins at a higher level of veg if you need to do so and still attain ketosis and good results. The Dr recommended keeping the carbs below 20. If you are willing to forego a lot of the processed add-ons, like salad dressings, mayo and focus on the low glycemic veggies, you might want to try Induction again, but don't limit yourself as severely on your lettuces and low sugar veggies, maybe shoot for 25 gr a day. If you just get through those two weeks, then it loosens up. I did it steady for 6 years and can honestly say I never felt better---no reflux, no aches and pains, high energy and (after the first six months) great blood chol levels. There are so many low carb diets out there now it does get confusing. I like a plan I don't have to study to put into action so I headed back to Atkins.