View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-11, 11:14

Plan: OWL
Stats: 280/249/175 Female 73.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%

I quit smoking 9 years ago and I smoked as long as you did. At 10 years, you can consider yourself a non-smoker, they say. I did not use Chantix (don't know what it is) but I did sign up for an experiment and was given an experimental drug (in a patch). The doctors said I should smoke as much as I wanted the first week, so I did. After 3 days, I threw my cigarettes away, and have not smoked ever since.

Now, I know you do not have any experimental drug. I will list some things that really-- and I mean, really helped.

I went to a book store and got the most truthful and graphic book on smoking cessation I could find. The book had nasty descriptions of death, and also good descriptions of what benefits there were from quitting. I kept this book on me and all times, and any time I felt an urge to smoke, I would read the book instead.

I burned incense in the house. It soothed me and also gave me an outlet to have some smoke in the house.

I took hot baths and drank a lot of water to try to sweat out, and pee out the nicotine.

I did not do anything stressful. No appointments, no errands, no work for the first 3 days (I took a vacation). Listen to soothing music. Basically, lock yourself in your room as though you have a cold.

I did not eat any vegetables of the night shade family.

I drank oat tea. (I know this is a low carb forum, but somehow oats are supposed to help.)

It takes you 3 days to quit. 3-5 days for your blood to circulate all the poison out. It will take another few months (sometimes more) to "cough up" all the gross accumulation of garbage in your lungs. You will be coughing up sticky grey/green stuff for a while-- this is good. You are getting better.