View Single Post
  #112   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-19, 13:51

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.6/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 64%

Hi Jo

Looks like you've not been back here since May, but in case you stop by one day I wanted to say hi. I wanted to tell you that after so many years of struggles to stay with my LC plan and reach my goal, I've FINALLY figured it all out in a 100% lasting way. I'm in Week 11 (with not a single cheat or lapse) of what WILL be my final challenge to reach my goal of 130. Then I will be in maintenance, which will be easy because I now know what to do.

Somehow, this all finally clicked for me, and this has become effortless. I finally conquered of all my emotional eating and I found the way to be one-minded about how to do this. It's just all working in a wonderful way that it never did in the 16 years I've been attempting to do Atkins/LC to get back to my "real" and "normal" weight that I haven't seen since about 1985. I'm almost there....just 9 lbs away at this point. I don't know how much longer it will take, but I've learned to be patient as the weight loss is slower at this point. Generally it's about a pound a week average.

It all feels good, and now I understand how easy it got to be for you as well, with your phenomenal success not only in losing your weight but in maintaining that loss. I've finally been able to totally change how I look at food, how I eat, how I feel about it all, and it's all good, I'm happy eating this way, I feel so much better, and I'm content. A lot of this I can thank you for, because you were always very inspirational to me even though at the time I was chatting with you, I wasn't yet able to implement all the things you were doing so brilliantly and which I (deep down) knew I should do as well.

I just hope all is well and GREAT in your retirement from teaching the kiddos and that you're having fun wherever you are. I seem to remember that you moved from NM to Arizona where your DD is...???

Hugs!!!