View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-18, 10:10

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

I prefer the "glass is half full" approach. We can debate the terrible state of nutritional awareness and related conspiracies until the cows come home. Rather, awareness of dietary health issues due to the recommendations since the late 1970s is in a much different place today due to grass roots communications and sharing the baton with an increasing number of scientific, technical, and medical experts who are adopting and promoting a new approach. Food manufacturers will fall in line when the current market for much of the processed carbage starts to dwindle. They have no choice. Yes, we can plan to see the USDA lobby and other global organizations with similar interests like the HPCSA, NHMRC promoting the dietary guidelines for Australia, FAO, and WHO who receive backing and funding from food manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies fight this trend. But they won't win in the free world. Keeping this dynamic in mind should serve to strengthen the movement toward dietary health awareness, and embolden people with the resolve to never give up the focus on achieving health through improved nutritional awareness and corresponding dietary adaptation.

Edited to add: I too have been watching Low Carb Breckenridge 2018 streaming, and the presentations are a tremendous indicator of how far nutritional awareness and practice has come over the past 5 years. This year, many physicians, nutritional scientists, and other health providers are attending. It's this trend that will continue in the coming years and makes me realize that progress is being made, day-by-day, year-by-year.