Old Mon, Sep-16-13, 18:22
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoletaLynn
My weight problems started when I was in my mid-twenties and married for the second time...His words to me shortly after we married were "I'm so glad you're thin because I could never love a fat woman".

LoletaLynn, Oh my that must have been hard to deal with as you gained weight. I know my hubby never said anything but he treats me way better now that I lost 99 pounds so far. Which is kinda funny, since he is a tad (not hug maybe 40 pounds) over weight.

Quote:
I was forty and finally free of said husband when I finally decided that HEY I'M OK...My beloved aunt told me once that when I hit my forties I would be able to look at the world around me and say "screw it !!!" and no longer worry about anyone's oppinion of me...and SHE WAS RIGHT !!!

i love the wisdom, acceptance, and let go that comes with getting older.
Quote:
I'm 72 now.....I have two daughters who struggle with their weight and one who takes after my sister and is in total control of her food issues..And I'm gaining more control each and every day...as is the daughter I live with...PRAISE GOD!!!

That is great to here. And it is great that they have you to help them!

Quote:
Lovinita.....I had to laugh when I read about your Mom not liking the way you dressed....My poor Mom at least had my little sister (4 years younger than me) to play girly-girly dress up with...Being raised in the fifties the only time I got to dress MY WAY was after school and Saturdays...the rest of the time, like it or not, I HAD TO wear dresses or skirts/blouses...I don't even own a dress now...haven't worn one since I was in my mid-forties...

LOL... I had no trouble wearing skirts, and dress slacks. I actually like it. But my style and color choices where not soft on the eyes. They were bold colors, that where the representation of how I went after life (thinking back on it).

The worst was when my mom try to convince me to look like her and get an affro perm. Boy I would have looked awful in it. She got one and just wanted me to play dress up with here and look a like.

I am sure glad I wasn't in the 50's and was allowed to say "NO".