View Single Post
  #336   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-18, 20:41

Plan: Banting
Stats: 150/132/132 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I haven't posted here in ages, but I have to tell you what I discovered recently. I've been more focused on dieting for health reasons (stupid trigeminal neuropathy) rather than losing weight, and plateaued around 140 lbs for quite a while. I've been eating a diet that I would describe as Primal, not terribly low carb.

Recently I tightened up my diet, dropped all grains except for white rice completely. I also dropped almost all dairy--I only use butter and a bit of cheese that is goat or sheep (A-2 casein if anyone is curious). I even dropped the small amount of HWC in my coffee and switched to butter, a la "bulletproof" coffee.

But the pounds just seemed to melt off! I was thinking I must have lost some weight and I was down to 132 lbs and dropping! Currently about 130 lbs and not sure where I want to end up at. I swear just dropping the HWC made a difference, dairy is insulinogenic.

I don't particularly count carbs, I eat a fair amount of fruit, and I certainly don't count calories. I have no problem eating a huge fatty grass-fed rib-eye steak. and lots of butter. I do skip breakfast a couple of times a week and am very active.

Unfortunately the neuropathy seems unmoved, but I'm amazed at how effective these changes were for weight loss.