View Single Post
  #333   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-18, 16:16

Plan: Reduced carb
Stats: 217/189/150 Female 5ft 2 inches
BF:lots/lots/less
Progress: 42%

I've lost a few lbs this past week, getting stricter on my food plan. I'm back down to what my stats have said already, and hoping to see the 180s soon.

I am doing something different. I'm working on changing a few bad habits that contribute to my weight problem. 1) I'm trying to eat only when hungry, not when others are eating, or just because something comes into my line of vision. 2) I'm trying to leave something, even one little morsel, on my plate at each meal, telling myself that I don't have to eat everything just because it's on my plate. I realize that some things don't really taste that good, so why am I finishing them? I'm not doing 100% of these changes, but when I remember to do them, it makes me feel good that I'm changing things. When and how much I eat have a much bigger effect that what I eat.

This morning we went out to breakfast. I got scrambled eggs and turkey sausage, with a bagel. This restaurant has the best bagels. They are big, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I did not eat the bagel, but brought it home and froze it for a day when I'm doing really well, and have a craving for a bagel treat. I can eat half of it at a time. I could have just said "No bread" but it came with the cost of the meal and I was paying for it. There will be a time when I really want it and it will be nice for it to be there without buying a whole package of bagels that will just tempt me.