View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-05-09, 13:42

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 211/212/210 Male 72
BF:
Progress: -100%
Default Adrenergic Hormone Postprandial Syndrome = Hypoglycemia?

I have been doing a lot of research lately on hypoglycemia. I get moderately severe "attacks" which are exactly like a hypoglycemic attack - brain fog, loss of coordination, extreme irritability, extreme intolerance to noise, etc.

But I have tested my blood-glucose when in the midst of such an "attack" - and it was normal! That just did not make sense, but there it was.

So several years later, I have started to suspect there is something malfunctioning with my epinephrine, adrenaline etc. That my attacks, had to do with that, rather than low blood sugar.

Then I came across an article entitled "Adrenergic Hormone Postprandial Syndrome." Here's a quote form it.

"Closely related to reactive hypoglycemia, Pierre Lefebvre first proposed the term of “Adrenergic Hormone Postprandial Syndrome” in 1991 to describe the anxiety, palpitations, sweating, irritability, and tremors that patients experienced after meals that were not accompanied by low glucose levels. APS is caused by a similar process as reactive hypoglycemia, although the body avoids the hypoglycemia by stabilizing the blood sugar through a biochemical process called gluco (or sugar) homestasis. Unfortunately, due to the lack of hypoglycemia accompanying the symptoms, APS is sometimes referred to by some medical professionals as “pseudohypoglycemia” or “non-hypoglycemia.”

Anyone know more about this?
Sponsored Links