#48   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 20:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/250/150
BF:
Progress:

This is such a great thread.

This is my third time back at Atkins. This time, I am not trying to control the WOE, I am just going with the WOL. Meaning--after rereading Atkins book for the 6th time, I finally got that I must up my protein.

Coming from down under means we don't have access to those amazing 'low carb' products you guys do. We are about to have a company release FibreX cereal, low carb and gluten free, and the ingredients are all of what I would normally eat. Good news.

First 2 times, I ate cream, cream, cream, and cream. I also had way too much macadamias (before the price went sky high) then way too much almonds. Then because I wasn't having enough protein, I found I was looking for food, the addiction would take over and poof!

Before I was having 5 meals a day because I always looking for food, this time, 3 meals a day. Less food than before, but the choice is more protein, so I am not hungry, not looking for a snack and dealing with the emotions that keep coming up.

I will add that this week has been interesting because my 3 1/2 year old grandson is in hospital with meningitis and meningocochal (sp) so I find myself looking in the fridge. I picked it up very quickly and have been allowing myself to feel instead of swallowing the emotion with food.

He is slowly on the mend, and I am thrilled that I have been able to actually deal with the emotion of being helpless!

Once a month I make up a copy of Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, once a month I make up chocolate chip cookies. I ensure I have treats, but one a week and if I find I am craving more, I will deal with it. It has been hard, on a day to day basis.

Third time is not for the weight. It is for the way of life. I don't have scales and only measure when I have to review a pattern for my job. So maybe once a month do I measure. I just notice my clothes and work hard to stop the obsession of weight/size.

In retrospect, I know i had to fail twice to 'get it'. Not a great way to learn the lesson, but there you go. Also, I learned that once I picked my plan, stick with it. 'There' is no different to 'here'.

I live on 20--25g carb a day (after two months) and about 90--100g protein a day.

Thanks for this thread. It has helped so much to see I am not alone

Dale