Thread: Bicycling..
View Single Post
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 23:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/148/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Great rant Sen! I actually had to fight with my bank in the last two weeks. I rode through the drive-thru with my son in the trailer (to make a deposit for DH's business). The teller refused to serve me, saying that I was putting my son in danger by riding the bike through there, because people in cars speed around the building!

I was livid and wrote to the bank manager. I also sent him a PA Bicycle Driver's Manual. Luckily, the manager called me and told me I was welcome to drive my bicycle through the drive-thru any time I choose!

I went on my first group ride ever last Thursday (mostly on bike paths). It was a casual 8 miler with free ice cream at the end, and nobody gets dropped! Well, I wasn't the slowest even with towing my not-so-little guy, so that made me very, very happy. And I didn't get lost

My speed-racer 9 year old finished in the first group on the ride. He also qualified for the Bicycle Racing League finals this week and will be racing under the lights at the Lehigh Valley Velodrome: http://www.lvvelo.org/ (thanks for letting me brag)