View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-02, 03:58

Plan: see above
Stats: 132/130/125
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hi Lisa,
it is so much fun to have found someone on LC in Sweden. I haven't actually started the diet yet properly (I am however testing and trying recipies out and so on).

I am half english half swedish and I live in Stockholm. The reason I am considering a low carb diet is not really weight loss (although I would love to lose some of my behind ), my reason for the diet is that I have Candida, i.e. yeast infection and I am not allowed to eat sugar. When I was diagnosed a was given a little pamphlet and told not the eat sugar in any form! I was misserable and so I started researching on my own and found that the LC diet should suit me. The reason I haven't started 100% is that I feel summer is an awful time to start anything life changing (I have to give up fruit and alcohol completly for at least 6 weeks and summer is not the best time to try that out I reckon).

I soooo agree with you that there is a need for LC products in Sweden. You mentioned diabetics but the problem with these products is that they still contain suger, just different types that hit the body's blood stream slower.

Have you tried ordering anything online? Also, do you know any good sites for LC in the UK. I figure it must be cheaper ordering from Europe rather than the US anyway.

Anyways, I need to get back to work but please stay in touch. Also I would love it if you started a business - I would definately be your first customer!!!

Take care // Nikki