#4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-21, 10:40

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Wraps/tortillas have been a difficult quest for me. Yes, I love my chaffles, and your griddle muffins , but sometimes a big flat un-sticky thing in which to wrap your meat/cheese/veggies is nice. A meat/cheese/veg roll-up can be messy, especially when it's hot.

I'm so pleased others are enjoying my griddle muffins!

I've put my sandwich fillings on a plate, over a salad, and inside an omelette. And yet, as you noted, a wrap has a draw of its own. Especially in summer. The lack of cooking, easy cleanup, and the ability to eat it while I do stuff on my Chromebook or Kindle are all heavy draws. That's when messy really gets on my nerves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
(ETA again) Large green leaves are a decent wrap. DH took me to a nice deli for my birthday one year, and their "gluten-free wrap" was a giant collard leaf. It was a tad bitter as you'd expect, but held together well and the sandwich was awesome.

I thought the coconut wraps were problematic because of fiber; since healing my digestive system by going gluten free, that's an issue. But apparently it's the kind of fiber my tum likes. I indulged over last year's holiday season, and I was also putting greens on the sandwich.

But now, coconut and NO greens: my body seems to like it better. It's never the first time, so when I'm out I can still order a salad. (And eating out with friends WILL return!) But lately, costwise, DH & I have been sticking to breakfast out on occasion.

But a steady diet of greens upsets my system. Maybe lectins, maybe fiber, maybe the combo. But since the coconut is the BEST I've found, I tell myself I save money on paper plates and towels I buy bulk at Amazon, which helps. Or at iHerb, when they have it.

Now, the seaweed is much cheaper and has micronutrients. And I like them almost as well! Even with an Italian or roastbeef sandwich A Reuben I wouldn't, especially since it's so messy. But I zap the stack in the microwave and it's great in the coconut wrap.

When I discovered a carefully crafted diet, a la Dr. Terry Wahls, kept my autoimmune in check, I looked at buying food in yet another whole new way. Since the alternative is to get drugs that cost $900 a month, even with insurance. When I consider my specialized health needs, Wahls/Primal/Custom still comes out as a cheaper alternative that works better.

Which is how I must see it, lately. But if such indulgences are healthy ones, that's better than the struggle (because I don't have energy as I should -- I hope that improves) to avoid cheap and unhealthy indulgences.

Everyone has their own balancing act.