View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Aug-14-20, 10:40

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

Interesting topic.

A couple years ago as I was training for MT Rainier I gave up low carb in the run up to the climb, because in my mind there was no way I could A) stay low carb during the climb and B) I equate carbs with energy reserves...wrongly.

So here I am today, once again low carbing to drive my weight below 200 and also training for a GoRuck event in early October. My plan had been to again stop low carbing the week of the event through the event, and then pick up again on the other side, after I had recovered. (The event will be from Friday night to Sunday morning, essentially 24 hours with a ruck on my back doing'work' over 2 nights, with a 6 hour break on Saturday).

This has me thinking....should I go into the event low carbing it? If so, what snacks/food would work to keep me fueled? What should I eat Saturday morning before/after I nap before the 2nd night of effort? Any suggestions would be great.

I still will probably eat a pizza and drink a beer when I get home from the event, before going to sleep for 12-16 hours. A man needs something to look forward to.