View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-01, 14:06

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Schwartzbein Principle

Gee, am I the only one following this plan? I guess so. Actually, I should say that I started out on it and have lowered my carbs because I found it hard to have "just a little" at every meal.

Everything I read above is correct. Dr. S. gives a wonderful, lay person description of insulin resistance its effect on the body.

In terms of numbers, an inactive person can have up to 15g of carbs at every meal. The more active you are, the more you get - she maintains that carbs are an important source of glycogen for muscles.

Another important aspect of her philosophy is that you stay on the diet and will either gain or lose until your body stabilizes at its optimum weight - bearing in mind that what you THINK is an optimum weight for you may not be what your body settles at.

Unfortunately, I've loaned my book to a coworker who has taken it to France (I hate it when my stuff is better traveled than I am LOL!) and won't get it back until September.

I HIGHLY recommend the cookbook - I haven't tried a recipe in there that I haven't adored yet! It would be a great source for someone on a maintenance plan after a lower carb diet than this one.

Hope this helps.

Lisa