View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-24, 08:56

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I have finally decided that for me I will follow the "if it’s not broken don’t fix it” way of eating. I will continue to use what has worked for me, low carb (although slightly higher carb than very low carb which I used to follow), portion control and timing. As long as I prioritize protein to 30% or higher, pay attention to micronutrients, and don’t let the occasional craving control me, then it works. DDF doesn’t work for me because my body doesn’t seem to have read the rule book and the timing of my meals is too haphazard for me as I wait, often in vain, for my bg to fall to my trigger. I also find myself not wanting another list of acceptable and less acceptable foods. Staying within a low carb paleo framework as I define it has served me well so why change it? I appreciate all Marty Kendall has done but I find myself happy with how I am eating and no longer really interested in tweaking it any more. Marty taught me about prioritizing protein. That’s worked for me. I don’t seem to need or want to follow him down the path of low fat/satiety. I am glad it helps others but I have finally decided to stop chasing better. How I am doing things is good enough. It’s been over 20 years sine I weighed anything close to 245 lbs so I must be doing something right.