View Single Post
  #133   ^
Old Sat, Jul-16-16, 11:50

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

DH and I had discussed an outing to the coast to celebrate his birthday (it's tomorrow, but I have a date with a ramble), but he opted to postpone it and rest up, so I went to town alone for a few bits and The Times. Having already wandered around town yesterday I could not bring myself to do it again, so came back with only 1800 steps.

Next up we unpacked my new rebounder. I have 2, but can't find the screw-on legs that go with them, and I could have used them back in the winter when it was icy on the roads and pavements. If I find them, the older rebounders will be donated to a charity shop.

I did a little research and discovered that rebounders have changed a bit in the last 20 years, in particular you can get bungee cord ones. I remember problems with bust springs, even though my bouncers were not by any means the cheapest, so I went for a Fitbounce Pro, not the most expensive make. It is a lot quieter and spongier than the ones I was used to. Even though my feet barely leave the mat and my legs are quite strong from walking, rebounding is harder than hill walking and at the moment 300 bounces in one session is enough.

Finally mid-afternoon I set off round the Village, but did a long extension by exploring 2 footpaths I had not done for years. Once I found the correct route out of the playground, the paths were waymarked but not much used, hence overgrowth. I made a few errors in judgement when I got to gates. Unless the arrow points straight ahead I am often uncertain whether I should be going through the gate before turning or turning instead of going through.