View Single Post
  #1981   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-19, 11:10

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Trig---Great news on the car, or at least better than you expected. IMO oil changes don't count in the big pissed off that can be one's car, as they are simply maintenance.

Just for the record if you ever do trade that on in, I'm with the others here who swear by Hondas, and I would add Toyotas as well. My Rav4 is 15 years old, haven't had a car payment in years and years. It's got 180,000 miles on it and I'm hoping for another 50,000, not at all unusual for a Toyota. (And yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and knock on wood.) Has cost me very little over the years. Now, it looks like an old banged up crate as it lived thru my son's teenage driving. But as long as it gets me from A to B I'm AOK.

Wow, so fun that you're going to Richmond. You are a master at throwing together trips fast. Agree that 6 hrs in the car is MUCH better than 12, specially when you're not staying for long. Hope you bring your lap top and tell us what you're doing.

Jaz---You are doing great w/the money planning. Living on just one paycheck is quite an achievement, and you're still eating scallops and toting a great new purse---all for around $11. It really is amazing what you can still find that's affordable on a tight budget, if you put your mind to it.

Mike Todd (Liz Taylor's third husband) was known for saying "I've been broke many times, but I've never been poor." I always think of this when I'm checking out my blessings in tighter times.

Oh and G, wish I knew that "glam woman in the big hat" but I don't, No big hat, no top to bottom glam on most days. More and more if I can throw on my capris and a T shirt, and let my face be what it is w/out make up I feel a freedom I enjoy. Then a party or a night out comes along and yeah, it is fun to dress it up a bit.

Nic---I'm w/Jazz, no guilt for paging through a magazine. When I had my store I told the gals who worked for us that if there was nothing to do and no one was there they should read a book or do a crossword or whatever. Had a nice comfy chair for them to do it in too. They so appreciated it and no one took advantage, just made them more likely to stay. Keeping good part time workers is a challenge and I always wanted to make them as happy as I could.

I love hearing about the program you've invested in lately. I so agree, it's too easy to get yourself in a knot about things that don't deserve that much of your attention. If and when you feel like it, would love hearing more about this.

Lori--- Have you met w/your sport Chiro yet? Or is that this week? Does your arm feel better now, days after your massage?

Greg---IMO, plateaus are part of the territory. One can't go full speed indefinitely. I think the body takes a rest from the regime we've put it on and just kind of puts its foot down for a bit, so to speak. Then we find a way to trick it back into action. It's a cyclical thing for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my gals, I just went kerplunk these last couple of days. Felt low energy and tired and just let it be. I needed to totally chill.

I was and am on plan. Got on the scale this AM and I have not lost, but have maintained my 5.5 loss. Happy w/that considering between our trip to my brother's and party city here I have been off plan more than I would have liked.

Still though, it's been a "in the zone off plan" if that makes any sense. Right back on plan after every treat. Keeping up w/my work outs. And, I've started doing OMAD for a day or two after any treat night, think that has really helped.

Last night I got my first "you've lost weight" in this round of being in the zone
from a neighbor. Nice. And motivating. Onward.
Sponsored Links