#9   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-17, 12:00

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
I probably eat low protein compared to most low carbers. Still befuddled when I see frozen dinners that boast about containing 16 grams of protein. 350 calorie meatloaf and potato dinner, 16 grams of protein. Just 350 calories of potato would have 9 grams of protein, that "meat"loaf obviously isn't pulling its weight.

There's a definite Fear of Protein going out out there... encouraged by what I regard as vegetarian/vegan propaganda. I have lost track of how many times I have been told "you don't need that much protein" along with the ever popular "meat is death!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
I don't eat grains, legumes or dairy proteins, so when I ask for a lunch that fits those parameters for monthly board meetings at different sites, sometimes all I get is lettuce or some broccoli. Luckily I always have a can of sardines or jerky and some nuts on me to get the protein and fat I need to function during all-day meetings.

I have been drifting towards high fat pastured dairy, like yogurt and good cheese, along with seafood of all kinds. This is satisfying and easy to digest, and often goes well with eggs and salad greens, too.

It can be tricky to get "out there," too. Most of the sushi and seafood salad out there is fake, and all the yogurt is low fat and loaded with sugar.