#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-18, 09:22

Plan: LCHF (<50g), IF
Stats: 184/167.2/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Low Carb for Life

Hello!

I'm new here, but this is my second time on low carb. I have severe PCOS, and previously lost 30 pounds on a moderate LCHF diet. I was able to correct all of my health problems (including menstrual irregularity, asthma, and eczema) and I felt great. However, after a stressful move and some major life changes and general upheaval, I gained back 18 pounds. Here I am again, 46 pounds from my goal weight. Losing this much weight seems...I don't want to say impossible, but difficult!

I have finally accepted that I must eat low carb for the rest of my life. My body simply cannot tolerate a lot of carbs, and low carb is the only way I can control my weight. If I want to be healthy over the long term I must get serious. I'm 44, and have been overweight since after my first child was born nearly 16 years ago. I would really like to reach my goal weight, once and for all, and I love to read the success stories here...they make me feel like I can do it too!

This time around, I'm combining LCHF with intermittent fasting. I routinely fast from about 7:00 PM to 11:00 AM, and I think it makes a big difference for me. My biggest challenge is that my husband and I eat low carb, but my kids don't. My son is not a big eater (and is even a little underweight) so I feel like meal prep is a lot of work. Also, while I don't really miss sweets, pasta, or potatoes, I DO miss bread. Mostly I miss the usefulness of bread to hold other foods, and sometimes I just want to eat a sandwich. I feel like I've tried every low carb bread recipe without success. Eggy sponges = gross.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here! I think it's easier to work toward major goals when you don't feel like you're all alone in your struggles.

Have a great day!
Heather
Sponsored Links