Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetow Kim
Mike and GRB,

Definitely preferred vodkas are not only personal taste but psychological. Bourbon is the same. I'd have to go find it, but there was an article I read where they did a blind taste test on bourbons, and so-called experts actually picked some less expensive "lowers shelf" bourbons over the boasted brands.

Many will never believe this, and somewhat off topic, but J Kenji Lopez-Alt the "Food Lab" author even debunks the belief that fresh off the farm country eggs taste better than supermarket eggs. He had to do a blind taste test by scrambling the eggs with flavorless green dye so the tasters could not make out the rich color of the farm fresh eggs. Once the appearance of the eggs was removed, the tasters could not identify which eggs were which on taste alone.
I recently read some similar studies for both vodka and eggs. I think I could tell "Vital Farms" eggs or butter from any other, even local yard eggs that have a thinner shell and cost more. Scrambling might make it harder to tell though, since most of the flavor is in the yolks.