View Single Post
  #46   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 07:59

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Interesting, Blue Ruby,

So it seems a lot of what I am doing, except the heavy drinking of course!...is good to fight fatty liver.

I've had fatty liver since I was a teenager, long before I became an alcoholic, so when I'm told I have it now, I barely concern myself with it.

I've been taking milk thistle for some years now after seeing a doctor on TV news talk about how he saw remarkable results in liver repair with patients, including sclerotic alcoholics.

Since making some of Buttoni's recipes that require whey protein, I have since also been making protein shakes with it, I should maybe consume a little more. Also, I keep forgetting to drink my green tea every day. I remember, do it for a while, then drop off again.

With the Atkins approach, fiber is a big component and many of the products, especially for baking, use the super high fiber flours and meals, so, good news that's part of my diet as well...and makes for a well functioning "constitution"!

Several standards of these low carb diets eliminates the most likely cause of non-alcoholic fatty liver, like weight loss and elimination of refined carbs and sugars.

So, other than my drinking too much, I'm doing the right thing!
Sponsored Links