View Single Post
  #102   ^
Old Mon, May-04-20, 13:25

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Merpig wrote: I assume I’ll die if I get the virus and I’m suffering from severe depression about it pretty much nonstop.

Merpig dear,

I can only imagine that this drumbeat of news that obesity matters if one gets Covid-19 must be terribly distressing for you since you've been trying, but stalled, re losing weight all these years.

I feel confident that, even if your healthy eating habits have not resulted in weight loss - or at least not as much weight loss as you hoped for and wanted - you are HEALTHIER today than you would have been if you had continued eating SAD all those years. An LC WOE would have impacted your levels of inflammation in a positive way. So, if you should get infected, all those years of LC will have given you a much better chance to survive than if you hadn't been on LC. Don't you agree?

Even tho you may not have managed to get down to a "normal" BMI, no doubt low-carbing HAS helped keep you from going UP to an even higher BMI!

Try not to keep stressing about the possibility that this virus could kill you! Every single day, every one of us lives with the possibility that something COULD kill us. We could get run over by a bus while crossing the street. We could slip and fall in the shower. We could get bitten by a snake. We could choke on a bite of meat. etc. etc. etc. Focusing on all of the "possible" things that could kill us would make it impossible to ever LIVE life. So, we do what we can to avoid all the various possibilities and we relegate "monitoring" for various possibilities to some part of our brain that functions semi-automatically. I.e., when crossing a street, we look both ways automatically and never let the thought that "I could get killed" cause us stress. I live out in the country where snakes are numerous. (I killed one on my driveway last night!) I've learned to automatically watch where I put my feet when walking around outdoors! Except when I actually SEE a snake and have to go get an implement to kill it, I don't consciously think "I could get bitten by a snake" because, if I did, I'd be afraid to ever go outdoors!

Try to stop stressing. If you have done what you can do to reduce the risk that you'll catch this virus, and if you have practiced those actions until they're becoming subconscious, THAT IS ALL YOU CAN DO....except for maybe finding a way to stop stressing!

Seriously dear, if you keep stressing out, stress might kill you before the virus has a chance to.

Three suggestions: 1) STOP following and reading this particular thread! 2) Focus on something - ANYTHING - that makes you feel happy and in control, rather than depressed and a helpless victim. 3) Every time the thought of either Covid-19 or your weight crosses your mind, repeat the serenity prayer and then turn your attention to something that you CAN do something about to make life better, either for yourself or for someone else.
Quote:
grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.