#48   ^
Old Wed, Apr-22-20, 11:40

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
A friend of mine and his wife went on a Caribbean cruise early in March. But it was actually after reports began to surface of cases of Covid-19 on cruise ships. I asked him if, under the circumstances, he really wanted to go! But of course at that time cruise ships were not cancelling anything and he would have had to forfeit all his money if he'd cancelled at the last minute so he said that of course they were going! So they went, and got home March 9.

On March 10 he came to a board meeting at my house for the art guild of which I am president and he is the treasurer. We had a big opening reception for a show at a prestigious local gallery on March 12 so had to form last minute plans among other things. So he was at my house about 3 hours that night.

Then the next night, March 11, he came over to my house again so I could co-sign all the checks to give out to the award winners for the show.

Even by then there were warnings to social distance and keep 6 feet apart. I was even nervous about going to this big reception on March 12 where I expected a pretty big attendance and if I had not been President, and supposed to give a little talk welcoming everyone, I might well have stayed home as at least one of our board members did.

But on the 12th the treasurer texted me that he was SICK - had a slight fever, feeling drained and washed out, was coughing, so decided he'd better not attend the reception. EEK!

I did go, feeling I was a bit obligated, planning to keep my social distance which turned out to be impossible as various guild members all ran up and gave me big hugs before I could even begin to stop them!

And over the next couple days I did keep in touch with my friend. Several other board members who had attended the meeting at my house where worried too. But by the third day he said he felt fine again and has been fine since.

Was it just a very mild case of Covid-19? No way to know of course. No one else got sick, either from the board meeting or from the art show reception. I certainly didn't get sick at all and I'm sure if I was exposed to the Covid-19 virus I'd probably die.

And then after all my worries about going to the art reception March 12, the very next day, March 13, the gallery closed down and shut its doors because of the virus. Our show is still hanging in the gallery but of course no one can go in and see the show.

However the gallery did post a virtual tour and I have two paintings in the show - one of a pair of bald eagles and one of hayrolls in a field:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-0...eature=youtu.be

Such gorgeous paintings, all of them. It must have been so hard to judge since they are all so beautiful. Thank goodness it was videoed so everyone could enjoy them after the gallery closed.