View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-18, 08:32
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

You might be interested to read my ponderings about maintenance starting on THIS PAGE of my current journal. I did 5 posts about it in all. After reaching 190 pounds in August 2016 I declared the mission accomplished. The plan was to keep doing what I was doing, but over time a maintenance mindset crept in. That was not a good thing. I didn't just "keep doing what I was doing." Even though I stayed true to the LCHF lifestyle I put on 25 pounds by September 2017. I'm still working on getting those pounds back off.

I'm not one to tell people what to do. I'm an advocate for figuring ourselves out; self experimentation. Some things that work for me may not work for you and vise versa. What we want to do may not be in line with what we can do. I know that I could not do the 'carb night" thing. I went a little too high on the carbs last year and paid the price. But, then, I eat more carbs than a lot of other people can get away with. The key is to be honest with yourself. If you try something and "it ain't working", then stop doing it. If you get too far off the rails with your WOE it isn't so easy to get back to the place where you want to be.

Consider starting a journal yourself. I find it very handy to be able to refer back to what I was doing at various stages of my journey. It hasn't always been perfect, but it is nice to be living my life again. I want to keep it that way.

Size 34 jeans is a nice size. You'll get there soon. I had an old pair of size 34 Levi's that I hadn't fit since the late 1980's as my goal jeans. It was an amazing day when I was able to slide them on and button them up for the first time in nearly 30 years.