View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 08:04
Fitday PC's #1 Fan

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 310/151.0/152.5 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 101%

I've made a commitment to myself to stick with CALP for a year, so I'm really glad to have the chance to sign up for a year of TDC.

I, Lynda, otherwise known as UpTheHill, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Lynda

I'm also counting on you all to be there to remind me that I feel so much healthier on CALP than I have on any other WOE, and if I start wandering off into poor eating habits it's just going to make me feel weak, sick, and crummy.

I made the following life decision back in November: I will write down everything I eat, every day. I will also weigh myself every day I am near my home scale and keep a computer record of my weight - regardless of whether I am dieting, maintaining, or off in the ditch. No judgement - just daily awareness.

For February and March, I made the commitment to do 10 jumping jacks and the Pilates modified beginner mat series every single day. I usually do get more exercise than that (since my dog is now trained to demand his 1/2 to 1 hour hill hike every day), and I'm increasing my Pilates ability, but my commitment is to be sure to do at least the minimum every day through March 31. (Then I'll re-evaluate and probably re-commit for 6 months.) I should be able to do this since I've only really committed to 5 min and 10 seconds worth of effort - all of which can be done in front of a TV.

Sometimes the next year seems like something huge and difficult to do. I want to lose about 100 lbs in that time and then move into maintaining my loss forever. But a year is going to pass no matter what, and the way I'm eating now feels like the way I really want to eat - instead of feeling like a diet. This morning, I had bacon cheeseburger green beans (ground beef, bacon, garlic, green beens, cheddar cheese - some days with sour cream) for breakfast! What am I going to do - quit this diet and go starve myself with a rice cake and lettuce leaf?

It sure feels better, though, going into this next year in the company of other people who's stats are a lot like my own, and hearing them be excited about the kind of things that lower weight people don't even think about. It's nice to know that other folks can understand the joy of one day noticing you can tie your shoes without your tum squeezing the breath out of you, and stuff like that.

It's going to be a good year for us.

Lynda