View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-21, 11:17

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

What Marty Kendall and now DietDoctor are recommending for people coming from a moderate protein, low carb diet is to adjust gradually. Your body would fight going from say 80g to 132g protein. Marty’s calculator has more options to refine the result, and even so, protein % is a minimum, C and F are maximums. Marty's calculator is just right for me, while that abbreviated one on Ted Naiman's page is wildly high, proportional to your results. At 5’9”, 172 g of protein! No way.

I did not use any macros, nor track foods except to always prioritize protein and fiber. To keep it simple while also doing Data Driven Fasting, I ate the meals under the Tip Tab on the LowEnergy website. Eggs, egg whites, chicken, fish, meat, all with lots of vegetables, plus low fat yogurt and protein powder. Nuts and cheese and refined oils are on the Energy side of the spectrum of foods, so they were reduced or eliminated for weight loss. If you eat nutrient dense foods, not necessary to track macros, but Marty Kendall's is a better start point. He suggests a minimum of 15% carbs from vegetables and some fermented dairy to get enough micronutrients and fiber.

https://optimisingnutrition.com/macro-calculator