Thread: Zero Carb, wow!
View Single Post
  #73   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-16, 11:06

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%

I've been "zero carb" - I say loosely - a couple of weeks now. I eat eggs, use spices, and some hot sauce/mustard (just vinegar based - no sugars or chemicals). I eat bacon and natural all beef hotdogs (no fillers). I will also have a bit of dairy here and there (like a bit of hard cheese on a burger occasionally), a bit of butter here and there though I mostly use bacon fat. I don't tolerate mayo so I don't eat that. No cream either. For drinks, it's one caffeinated coffee in the a.m. (black), water or club soda. Some use coconut oil as well but I had digestive issues with that even before ZC, so I don't touch the stuff.

My scale is moving down slowly again, and I literally feel FANTASTIC. I do supplement with extra salt, potassium, and magnesium though. Before I did that, I was REALLY dragged out. The supplements helped so much and IMMEDIATELY, I was surprised. Esp how much the potassium helped.

I was low carb before the leap to ZC as well so the move wasn't too bad other the energy levels issue outlined above. I think the simplicity of ZC is the best thing about it. No wondering how much carbs are in various vegetables, or lc baked goodies, you know? And I always had carb creep from those things as I found even those lc things difficult to moderate. This plan = eat meat, drink water. Pretty hard to mess up.

This WOE is working good for me right now, but is not for everyone. I'm cool with that, don't push it whatsoever. Note, I do have a bit of veg here and there on social occasions (3x in 10 weeks), so I'm not that hardcore but I find I just do better without the veg. For now. Who knows what comes in the future?

People should just do what suits and works for them. Not sure why more people just don't think that way. LOL