Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Please share, Bonnie!

Of course (she said modestly)!

I got this one somewhere on Pinterest - I think it's been around the block a few times!

Almond Flour Bread
makes 2 servings

1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 egg
3 tablespoons almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl (a cereal bowl or small soufflé dish). When it is cool enough to not cook the egg, whisk in the egg. Add the almond flour and baking powder, whisking until it's well mixed. Smooth the top a bit and put in microwave for 90 seconds (my microwave is 900 watts). Turn it out on a cooling rack. When it's cool enough, I like to cut it in quarters, then slice each quarter horizontally. It keeps well in a plastic bag. NOTE: I haven't figured out why, but every time I make the bread it comes out a little different. I think it might be because I'm using home-grown eggs, so they range from small to jumbo. Might be something else. Looks different but tastes the same.

I got the original of the casserole from dietdoctor (Keto Tuna Casserole) but I wanted more vegetables in it so tweaked it a bit. I also made it for 2 servings instead of 4.

Tuna Vegetable Casserole
makes 2 servings

butter for cooking
1/2 yellow onion
8 oz. Asian style stir fry frozen vegetables*
1/4 green bell pepper (optional)
1 celery stalk
2 5 oz. cans tuna - drained
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 oz. shredded cheese (any kind) separated
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Chop onion, bell pepper, celery finely and cut larger pieces of frozen vegetables in half. Fry in butter in a large frying pan until slightly soft. Season with salt and pepper.

Mix tuna, mayonnaise, 2 ounces cheese and chili flakes in a greased
baking dish. Add fried vegetables and stir. Sprinkle remaining 1 ounce cheese over top.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.

*Any kind of vegetable would probably work well, even leftovers, but I'm fond of the Asian style.

I've no idea where I got the Egg Florentine recipe - if anyone recognizes it, please let me know. I've tweaked it a bit from the original, but the nutmeg was in the original.

Easy Egg Florentine
makes 2 servings

butter for cooking
8 oz. frozen chopped spinach
4 eggs
1 tablespoon grated cheese per egg – any variety
shake of nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste

Thaw the spinach and drain well. Melt butter in skillet and add spinach. Cook until mostly done (doesn't take long). Stir in the nutmeg, salt, and pepper. When the spinach is hot, smooth it out and crack the eggs over the spinach. Cover. Continue heating until eggs are set and cooked to your liking; about 5 minutes. Near the end of the cooking time, sprinkle each egg with a tablespoon of shredded cheese.

*Original directions said to "thaw the spinach in skillet over medium-low heat; add a little water if it doesn't have any". Either way works. I'm very fond of any kind of vegetable sautéed in butter.

Bon appétit!