View Single Post
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-14, 05:16

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

So sorry pivione! IF (intermittent Fasting :-) is not something a new LCer (low carber) would likely do, unless it just comes naturally. And I am doing it to lower BG through lowering insulin response, though some weight loss to get me back under a healthy BMI would be nice too.

There is a post somewhere on this forum with acronyms but now I can't find it. Hopefully a moderator will step in with that.

Yes, FBG is fasting BG, usually first of the day though with IF that could be anytime you "break your fast". For this "experiment" every time I record a BG also noted is the number of hours since having food, whether 90 min after a meal or 24 hours after a fast.

ACV is Apple Cider Vinegar. Though vinegar comes in various types, white, balsamic, the one most often used in alternate health settings is the ACV with "the mother" (cloudy bits)

VLC is VeryLC, at least under 50g Total carbs per day.

And MIM can mean "Muffin in a Mug, or Minute" but a classic LC bread-like Flaxmeal based recipe you can cook in a microwave in about a minute. Check the recipe forum/breads/muffin index for dozens of versions.