View Single Post
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-08, 11:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/158/140 Female 5 foot 6
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs down unhappy

I was SO excited to make these "doritoes". They look wonderful and I bought the sour cream and onion seasoning. I went to make them today and was NOT happy with this recipe. First I noticed that it calls for a full small bag of cheese. Cheese is quite expensive right now so basically your going to get 36 chips for over $3.00! That seems like alot to me. Anyways, I had already bought the ingredients so I figured, what the hay...I tried to make them anyways. I was only able to make 4 large (about 8 in circles) instead of 6. I set the oven at 450 degrees and after 8 minutes -they are supossed to cook for 12 minutes and then flip - they were burned. My oven is only a few months old so I know the temp was right. Even though I greased the pan fairly well, they stuck big time! I ended up throwing away two baking sheets because it just would have been a pain the rear to try to scrap them for a half and hour and then scratch my pans anyways. So maybe it was just me, but this was a mess. They sure looked better in the picture. I hope that someone else finds success with this recipe.