#17   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-24, 13:04

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I tried, but I only got out of Ozempic land when I added "true crime" because then I got the Sunny Bulow trials, but I'd read books back in the day, nothing I didn't know before.

The fact that she injected insulin were known. And this was back in the day. It sounds pre-diabetic to me, and perhaps why she did it won't make sense to us then or now, anyway.

The crime hinged on WHO had injected the large dose that put her into a permanent coma. He was acquitted with a second trial.

Still on the topic of doing dangerous things because we want the end result so much.

I hadn't read any of the stories about this, but I have to wonder if they said she had hypoglycemia as an ongoing condition/had been diagnosed with hypoglycemia.

Or did they say that her death was due to hypoglycemia - as in an overdose of insulin that caused her to go into a hypoglycemic state, because that would make sense if there was too much insulin in her system (as long as she was not insulin resistant - and if you're insulin resistant, chances are you're going to be quite overweight to begin with). Was she overweight? Or was she socialite/Hollywood thin?

Otherwise I'm not even seeing why anyone would have insulin around for weight loss, because it certainly doesn't cause a person to lose weight - actually does the exact opposite, and they would have known that even back then.

(Obviously I'm not getting involved in the whole who-done-it question, just trying to figure out why they would say she was hypoglycemic, and was known to inject herself with insulin. If your blood sugar is already too low, you don't use a drug that will make it even lower unless you have some kind of death wish)