View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-08, 06:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/mod
Stats: 248.8/232/160 Female 68inches
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Gottma-curious how you are doing?

Gottma,

I too suffer from PCOS, as well as Graves disease. Suffered thru secondary infertility for approx 10 years before a diagnosis on both. 3 years prior to getting pregnant and endo suggested I try LCing but I just couldn't do it. Then one day at work my cube mate was eating a LC bar and told me all about Atkins. I started that day with her help and coaching. I was able to conceive in May of 2003 after being on Atkins for some time. Also with the help of Clomid. I went back to modified eating of carbs and balanced diet while pregnant. After having baby, I went to a modified lower carb diet, but nothing like Atkins. 8 months later I became pregnant on my own. After having that child, I was able to maintain my pre pregnancy weight, thanks to my thyroid being out of whack. LOL. I had to take prometrium thru both pregnancys though due to my such low progesterone levels.

I became pregnant in July 07 after following Atkins for approx 2 weeks. I was unable to get into a Dr soon enough to get the much needed prometrium script and lost my baby on 8/16. Which leads me to now, and why I am back on Atkins for life.

I am convinced LCing is the way to go for PCOSers. ESPECIALLY with the weight issues and infertility.

Also do not give up hope. I have a friend, who isn't the classical PCOS dx. She is relatively thin, but hairy. Also unable to conceive after spending over $50,000 on infertility treatments, they adopted 2 wonderful boys, AND she just delivered a beautiful boy she conceived on her own at the wonderful age of 42. What a surprise. They say PCOS improves with age. Go Figure.