Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 06:59
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi ahhaba:

Quote:
I recall that in her 1st book she seemed to think that thyroid medication and HRT made a big difference an awful lot of the time, it was this that put me off as I'm anti drugs (after a life-time of abusing them, I guess I'm being extremist but there you go) I might have been too hasty.

Like you, I'm anti-medication, mostly b/c my body can't tolerate them (hello, Adrenal Fatigue! ) I am thankful that they can have life saving potential, but that's the extent of it for me.

Dr. S is also anti-medication. She believes in bioidentical HRT, which are the same exact hormones in chemical structure as the hormones your body makes. Anything else is a drug, whether it is synthetic or natural b/c it doesn't mimic the chemical structure, making medications toxic to your system.

She is very specific about HRT and the conditions in which they are used. SPII has a very good chapter on HRT that should set your mind to rest. Her HRT is not the kind you find prescribed in a conventional doctor's office.

Having said all that, the only drug she recommends in truly desperate situations is desyrel to help reset the sleep cycle since sleep is so vital to healing.

As for the grain issue, M1whowaits is celiac and follows the SPII plan with a good amount of success so it's possible to do with yogurt, starchy veggies and fruits as your carbs.

Good luck with your decision.

Wanda