View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-20, 06:11

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
More pertinently, if not inadvertently, Watson is perhaps the first Labour politician to ever admit the nation’s health can be improved without the NHS having to spend more money.

This is the (heh heh) SICK part. I've spent years of my life experimenting my way towards health, and even with ridiculously high supplement bills it's so much cheaper than if I put myself into the hands of the medical profession, who would charge much more for increasing the approach of my mental/physical death.

Let me quote from a US Health Policy Institute paper on drug costs.

Quote:
People age 65 to 79 pay $456 out-of-pocket. People age 80 and older pay even more.

That is routine stuff, like the prescriptions most doctors are so eager to give me as soon as I sit my middle-age lady behind in the chair.
  • Lipitor
  • Ambien
  • Prozac
  • acid reflux
  • osteoporosis
  • high blood pressure
  • something for the side effects of something else

The average monthly cost of drugs to treat inflammatory conditions was more than $3,000 in 2015. I'm sure it's only gone up now. And that's what they would have given me for my crisis at the beginning of 2019, a year ago. I have decent health insurance through my job, but even if they pay 80%, I'm paying $600 dollars a month just for the drug.

Instead, I went ketogenic/IF (I apparently have to go very low for ketosis) and I put my condition in remission and blew past my weight loss goals. I'm probably spending that $600 a month on special supplements and good food. Plus not rolling the dice on the terrible, Japanese-monster-movie death that lurks for all on these immune-suppression drugs. It makes sense for transplant patients. It doesn't make sense for anyone else.

Now that's priceless.