View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-14, 11:32

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

I was a fat little elementary schoolkid who was always last in school races, couldn't climb a rope ladder or vault over a gym horse. And I was terrified of doing that thing where you tuck your head in and roll your body over on the ground (somersault?). Not surprisingly I learned to hate running and all forms of exercise. Then came the teens and 20s years - not fat any more but lazy. Exercise was still completely out of the question unless it was dancing in a discotheque.

I can't remember what motivated me, but I started walking at age 34 and the first walk lasted a whopping 5 minutes (2.5 minutes each way ). But like khrussva, it didn't take long to build up mileage and timing. I am so grateful I started walking - it's one of the 3 best things I ever did for my health. The other two were quitting smoking and going lc. In my 30s I did a bit of running too but never enjoyed it. Just for the sheer pleasure of it, I still walk miles every day to and from work, at lunchtime, and long hikes at weekends. I will also, once a year, jog around the local high school track, just to see if I've still got it - and so far I have, at age 65.

I'd urge anyone who is ambulatory to take up walking as a hobby. The first outing doesn't even have to be as long as 2.5 minutes