View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-24, 17:05
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

I take no offense. All knowledge starts with a journey.

I've read a lot of the negative publicity around Dr. Holick and other vitamin D experts for years; IMO, they've been deliberately demonized and it started way before D3 became mainstream.

As far as I've read and know, Dr. Holick has made no secret of his funding sources. his studies have been peer reviewed, duplicated, and results replicated.

However, as I've said, I've been studying vitamin D3 for over 25 years. In the beginning and probably to this day doctors advocating for testing vitamin D levels and supplementing with vitamin D3 those from the U.S., the U.K, Canada, and India were deliberately targeted and pilloried by Big Pharma. Big Pharma paid writers to write articles against them...in fact in many cases Pharma wrote the articles and paid people and scientists to submit them under their names. Pharma also paid scientists to form studies to disprove the benefits of D3 by deliberately designing studies where the D3 given was too low to be effective, no cofactors or cofactors in insufficient amounts were given to participants, and/or study durations were shortened so no positive or negligible results were manifested.

Pharma also lobbied many countries oversight boards, i.e.,, FDA types, to omit vitamin D experts from testifying and recommended "experts" to downplay benefits of D3. Like the expert testifying before the F.D.A. that said that D3 was only good for bone health and that supplementing with 1,000 IU was more than sufficient for good health but was later discovered to have applied for over 35 patents of D3 derivatives to treat different types of cancer. D3 as a supplement is cheap and not patentable while derivatives are custom, patentable, and worth big bucks. Yes, you always have to follow the money...You just have to find the truth of where the money is coming from.

As my cousin always tells me, Big Pharma doesn't want to cure disease. They learned the lesson with polio...when polio was cured all polio related industries collapsed and disappeared.

Cancer treatment is big business and a cash cow, so are chronic diseases. Pharma doesn't want preventative care, they want ongoing care.

Oh, and Dr. Holick' s deal with Quest Diagnostics? Dr. Holick's team discovered and created the correct test for measuring active D3 in the body. They freely published that information. LabCorp was the only lab at the time doing the D3 test...they were doing the wrong one and refused to listened to Dr. Holick and change the test. Quest was willing to listen.

I remember years of paying out of pocket to have the correct test done because my Dr. ordered the one from LabCorp which was useless at the time.

Vitamin D3 tests are now measured correctly. It only took 6 years for LabCorp to come around, lol.