View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jan-08-21, 09:25

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I'm about halfway through this book and love it! The way he writes and explains things just resonates for me. I love that he keeps using the expression "those of us who fatten easily." Early on in the book he says that his highest adult weight was 240 and he had a BMI of 32, which put him in the obese category. Practicing what he writes about, he now weighs 210, which he considers a good weight for him.

He explains the metabolic differences between those who don't need to worry about what they eat because their internal processes are so efficient, and then people like me who have to watch every last bite. I have a friend like this. Always been athletic, never been overweight. She's forever posting on Facebook things she makes, like muffins, cakes, quiches, pies. If I ate those things as regularly as she does, I'd balloon up uncontrollably. She doesn't understand that. She's also a runner (always lean, boy-like figure with small breasts and narrow hips), so she thinks she has it all figured out and that if people only did what she does, they wouldn't have issues, either.

Sadly, that's just not true.